“People often ask me why I joined Herbalife, and the answer is simple. I wanted to continue my career with a company that treats its customers the same way I protected consumers at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).” – Vasilios “Bill” H. Frankos, M.S., Ph.D.
Herbalife’s Senior Vice President for Global Product Science, Safety and Compliance Dr. Frankos still considers consumer safety a crucial part of his leadership role. He and his team are responsible for evaluating the safety and benefit of all Herbalife® products and providing consumer support through monitoring product complaints worldwide. This is no small undertaking with hundreds of nutrition products in more than 90 countries worldwide.
Dr. Frankos credits Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Johnson with giving him the resources and authority to pave the way for better product safety at Herbalife. Reporting directly to Chief Legal Officer Brett R. Chapman, Frankos leads three important groups: product science and safety, adverse event monitoring and consumer affairs.
Dr. Frankos has a Ph.D. in pharmacology and toxicology from the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, an M.S. in molecular biology and a B.A. in biology from the University of Maryland.
- Former FDA Director for 15 years prior to joining Herbalife.
- More than two decades of experience in creating policies and standards for safe and effective dietary supplements and ingredients, including:
- U.S. Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Serious adverse events reporting
- Truthful labeling of dietary supplements
- Compliance and enforcement